Spy axe 3.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shafiq

When I switched my PC on this morning, there was a message (see picture) which looked like a genuine windows message. After reading it, a virus scanning program called spy axe 3.0 was downloaded, so I figured this wasn't a genuine message from windows. I uninstalled the program and deleted all of the files it came with but the message keeps appearing. Can anyone help?(n)

shafiq

The picture is a little too small to see. The message reads: Your computer is infected!
dangerous malware infection was detected on your PC.
The system will now download and install most efficientantimalware program to prevent data loss and your private information theft.
Click here to protect your computer from the biggest malware threats.

spyaxe is a piece of crap. It hijacks the computer, tells the user they're infected, points the browser to a url to purchase the clean up. It itself is the malware.

Here is a link to clean it up.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic36868.html

Use Adware and Spybot, Microsoft anti-spyware and anything else you can get your hands on to help protect your system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online