1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spy Bot: S&D Questions?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Jack1000, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Guys,

I have some questions about Spybot S & D?

1.) What is the Immunization feature? When I click on it, I get an info page that says among other things, "Perminently running a bad download blocker of IE." than it says, a preventative blocker to help install of bad downloads is installed. Than a check box is checked that says something about preventing bad downloads in IE. What does all this mean?

2.) How do I get the Guardian Feature enabled? I don't see it here.

3.) What is the warning message that I get when I click on the immunization feature? It says, something like, " 0 products blocked, 2000xxx+ protections possible, please immunize. But the disclaimer is that this feature just gives you added protection from what the program already offers.

Jack

PS. BTW, I also have Norton's Internet Security 2004, which contains an excellent pop-up blocker

2. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

There is a tutorial in the HELP menu that will answer most of your questions

Click immunize and it will tell you how many Look near the top of that page and there is another immunize button Click this and it will activate them (y)

3. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Thanks! I got the Immunizer working now! It is a great program. But, you also should have Ad-Aware because one will often catch what the other misses.

There is a small piece of spyware that I have on my system that is also on my new system called DSO Exploit. It's the one thing that won't go away despite SB: S&D saying it has been removed. (I used to have this same thing on my old computer.)

That's the only thing I can't get rid of. (I am not sure of the first letters of the thing.) My guess is that it's one of those programs that puts a cookie on your computer and just sits there. But hey, to go from what I had on my old system, which had 600 threats down to 5 is pretty good! Everyone should get both programs for their protection.

Jack

4. hewee

hewee

5. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

Hello Jack1000 The DSO Exploit is a bug in Spy Bot It is harmless (y)

6. angelique01

angelique01

that just answered the question I was going to post, lol.

7. mach9

mach9

Jack1000:
    IF you have all your Microsoft updates up to date the DSO Exploit is fixed and its a bug Spybot people have been going to fix for some months. If you're up-tp-date, stop it appearing by doing the following:
    At the very top, left, next to File, see Mode. Click, it opens a little dropdown. Be sure Advanced is checked. You'll get a warning box, click OK. Now, go to Settings, the let side, near the bottom. Click. Opens a window. Look for the Ignore Products icon. Click. This opens a long list of things hopefully without any checks in the boxes. Scroll way down to the D's. Look for DSO E xploit. Put a check in that box only. Close everything. Next run the exploit will not appear. If you haven't updated via MS updates, do it first, then follow instructions above.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/296810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice