1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

spy sweeper???

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by trophyspeck, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trophyspeck

trophyspeck Thread Starter

a friend of mine downloaded a spyware sweeper that i have never heard of. it is called spysweeper and i am not sure that i trust it. soon after he downloaded it, he got a backdoor.trojan on his system. may just be a coincidence. can anyone vouch for this software or have any information about it?

2. FinestRanger

FinestRanger

I use SpySweeper. It's considered to be a very good program. I picked mine up for $20 with a rebate. Ad-aware and Spybot are free tho. Where'd he get SpySweeper? here's the link to the homepage.

http://webroot.com/

here's the direct link:

http://www.webroot.com/wb/products/spysweeper/index.php

I know there are copycats for this program and there are bad links to SpyBot that can actually ADD spyware to the user's computer. Some also contain virii and trojans. [email protected]$tard$.

3. jerry1967

jerry1967

i use the free version of spy sweeper, it is very good. The paid version was rated number 1 anti virus by a well know magazine.

4. Maggz

Maggz

I also use the pay version of spysweeper and it finds many things the other two dont and vise versa so as usual i stick with the trio Adaware Spybot and Spysweeper

5. dr_cool_j

dr_cool_j

ya spysweeper is very fast and nice i use it with spybot & ad-aware
    but pest partol is the best hands down, it even scans your IE favs or netscape bookmarks
    i install pertyscan for the heck of it and pestpatrol found and removed the most and was the only one to remove the adult links
    for spyware and is also very fast..

6. mach9

mach9

TS:

Ditto. I use the paid version of Spy Sweeper as an adjunct to Ad-aware and SpyBotS&D.
    Works fine. Occasionally picks up something the others miss. It is a legit program. Just watch the spellings on these things. The bad ones like to sound like or look like the legit ones.

7. Maggz

Maggz

Only thing about spysweeper is its very sensitive and will warn your of file name matches not only exact matches o_O it found planetside running a .dll with the same name as bi.dll which is adware but wasnt really adware just named the same.

8. joannriddle

joannriddle

is there any free spyware reovers on line

9. mach9

mach9

Joan:

Everyone here uses Ad-aware and SpyBot Search&Destroy. Both free. Both extremely good. Google the names to get the websites for them. Download, then come back to Security at TSG, browse, and you will find exact details of how to configure. Update regularly. A near magical pair. Mary Ann

10. FinestRanger

FinestRanger

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice