1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spyblaster - Feedback requested

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by HOBOcs, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HOBOcs

HOBOcs Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jim
    I've loaded Spyblaster on a few computers (with over zealous users) but I have not seen it react when it comes across something it doesn't like. So I don't know if it's working ... or maybe I've missed a setting or not.

I use Adaware and Spybot (y) on a regular basis and recommend this to all my clients. I'm relatively new to spyblaster although it has the functionality I'm looking for.

Feed back requested.

( :rolleyes: Not sure if this should have been posted in the "Reviews" forum or not. Any moderator can move this if this thread is in the wrong place.)

2. FinestRanger

FinestRanger

It doesn't "respond" to spy/adware. It sets a "kill bit" that doesn't allow it to be run on the computer.

SpywareBlaster 3.1

Prevent spyware from installing in the first place.

Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?board=34

Under OFFICIAL JAVACOOL SOFTWARE FORUM. SpywareBlaster dedicated boards.

Hope this helps.

3. winchester73

winchester73

I have SpywareBlaster installed on all of my boxes ...

It doesn't "run" in the background the way SpywareGuard does ... so you won't see it "working".

4. HOBOcs

HOBOcs Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jim
    Thanks guys.

I was just expecting a log or something where any spyware or active x program would get recorded .. with say the time of day, date, and which spyware program was trying to be loaded. I guess when you get right down to it ...it is just a switch.

FR, thanks for the link to the Javacool forums... interesting stuff.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice