1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SpyBlaster Questions

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Jimmy A, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jimmy A

Jimmy A Thread Starter

Thanks for the wealth of good info in the stickies atop this forum. I learned there about SpyBlaster and set about to download, install, update, activate.

Well, activate? That may be the main question.

I installed and updated SpywareBlaster today and had it load up all the boogy men it keeps out of IE and the Restricted Sites thing. Then I close its window. Is that it?? Nothing in the system tray to indicate its presence or that it's running. Looked in task manager to see if it is a new process "running" in the background. Not sure what I was looking for there, so may have missed it. Is it working or not? Is it on or not? Do I have to do anything? Is it supposed to have a checked box in my StartUp menu?

Any answers to the above will be appreciated.

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

That is - it quietly is there preventing

All u do is check for updates and enable protection

No entry in the startup tab

3. hewee

hewee

Yep the program is working so hust keep it updated.

Bookmark the Calendar Of Updates and you can go to one place to check for updates on many programs.

4. catastrophee

catastrophee

So we need to keep AVG and Spyblaster on our systems at all times? ? See I dont wnana start a new thread yall are busy enough, but I wanna know how to see ALL that is running on your computer. Sumthin beyond task manager.....

Im a speed freak, I dotn even use p2p at all anymore, as amatter of fact that leads me to my next request, someone plz PM me with knowledge of tuff runnin in backround, trojans.

5. hewee

hewee

WinPatrol is a very good free program that will help protect you PC and give you added info too.
    http://www.winpatrol.com/
    May want to wait a couple days for the newer version.

It does not scan and clean bad thing but it can alert you of new things and you can say no and then use other programs to clean up what ever bad got on your PC.
    It is a great program that is a must have. It sets by the clock and if all is good and nothing bad gets on your PC and no startup changes are made you think it is not doing anything but it is and when something happens Scotty pops up and barks.

There is a paid Plus version that does more and if you but it you only pay once and updates are free for life.
    Compare WinPatrol FREE and WinPatrol PLUS
    Don't know about finding trojans running in the background because I never get anything on my PC to find.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice