SPYBLOCS ?? any history with this

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HOBOcs

Jim
I've just come across a pc with Spybloc... I'm not familar with it.
Any thoughts...directions appreciated.

Edited..
Just ran it and tried to clean stuff and it says before it will clean you have to purchase...so.... I'm have no respect for this... going to use the trusted Adaware.. Spybots S&D.

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

That site above has a pretty good list of all the poorly performing, suspect, deceptive programs that claim to remove spyware/malware- simply scroll down to the "S" section, then, down to SpyBloc to read about it. You arrived at the correct decision, but the site for rogue programs will help you a lot. Note the similarity between some of the good programs' names and bad ones ((Those are way down past the bad list)) and read the notes and comments about some of them...most are scans that do prompt you to purchase, or make it seem you have some terrible malware when all it found was tracking cookies, or false detections...some are so bad they tell you that commonly known good items are bad! These ripoff clone type programs prey on people with poor skills, who cannot read in English well, etc.

HOBOcs

Jim
....or who can read...but don't.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online