spybot headache

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jack Goa

Someone please advise me on this
SPybot freaks me out
it keeps asking me about registry changes each time I install something..
I stopped the tea timer from starting now at startup, but now i have to go open evrytime i gon online, which is all the time and then guess what..
It's asks me for each and evry single registry change that i do again plus all the ones it missed out on while the teatimer was off.
I've just about had it with this proggie. Can I tweak it or should I just give it the boot..?

blues_harp28

Hi..be careful if you give it the boot..once attivated it becomes link to Windows..
It cause my Windows to malefunction..
I don't know how to tweak it..but glad it's gone...

Jack Goa

Not sure I know what u mean?
U mean when u uninstalled it u had problems?

blues_harp28

Hi...no..just trying to get online,shut Windows down and had to go to safe mode menu and do a step by step confirmmation..and reset Windows..
Have used it for almost a year no problem..not sure what occured.
Someone will know how to tweak it...

Jack Goa

k thanx
hope i don't get problems, damn whoever came up with spyware

i guess iam lucky ,i haven't had any problems with spybot. you do have the newest one out 1.4 .

Jack Goa

yes i do, don't u get that registry message thingy whenever u install something
it wants u to confirm each and every registry entry.
I just don't know which are cool and which are not

sorry i don't have any problems. just got done running spybot and no problems. i also ran ad-aware , easyclean and panda free on line scan,nothing.

Hi Jack Goa,

I run Spybot S&D without the tea timer - tried it in an earlier release and decided it was just getting in the way - maybe I'll decide in the future to retry it if I begin to think I need it.

My suggestion is to uninstall Spybot S&D, and then reinstall it, but this time do not use the tea timer, i.e. don't not use Spybot S&D on the basis of what tea timer does at the registry level - only the really paranoid need it IMHO.

I also run Spy Sweeper which has a number of shields that while there is no explicit registry shield there are enough other shields to keep the spyware at bay.

-- Tom

Jack Goa

thanx
think thats what I'll do
Will try spy sweeper for a change
Geeez there are so many...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online