Spybot issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gian

When I run spybot it it says that there are 5 DSO Exploit entries (listed below) which are highlighted in red.

I then ask it to fix these and although it says that they are fixed when I run spybot again they are still there (and yes I have ticked the boxes next to each of these).

Are these files OK just to stay there or should I be doing something different to remove them.

The 5 files are:-

DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2974146706-1256799619-874574627-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
DSO Exploit is completely harmless. Just a glitch in SpyBot.

MFDnSC's link should do the trick (y)

gian

Did what was suggested, it then came up with 19 entries which I asked it to fix.

Ran spybot again and the problem is now solved - thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online