1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spybot issues

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by gian, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gian

gian Thread Starter

When I run spybot it it says that there are 5 DSO Exploit entries (listed below) which are highlighted in red.

I then ask it to fix these and although it says that they are fixed when I run spybot again they are still there (and yes I have ticked the boxes next to each of these).

Are these files OK just to stay there or should I be doing something different to remove them.

The 5 files are:-

DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2974146706-1256799619-874574627-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

3. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

DSO Exploit is completely harmless. Just a glitch in SpyBot.

MFDnSC's link should do the trick (y)

4. gian

gian Thread Starter

Did what was suggested, it then came up with 19 entries which I asked it to fix.

Ran spybot again and the problem is now solved - thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!