1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SpyBot S&D not working?!?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by JasonC, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonC

JasonC Thread Starter

I've just downloaded SpyBot S&D (i think its 1.2, i got it from www.download.com). When I try to open it it appears then after a few seconds just dissapears.

I've tried re-starting my PC and re-installing but I still get the same result.

I really need SpyBot to work as my internet is going real slow, and the webpages on I.E sometiems dont even show up or either load really slow and I think its probably spyware thats causing the problem. If anyones got any soloutions for this too please say.

Thanks.

2. BillC

BillC

I have a thought. Try doing an online scan for spyware, adware, keyloggers, etc at Pest Patrol's PestScan. This software will find many of the things that Spybot will find.

If you can I'd also run CoolWebshredder, you might have some BHOs slowing you down, and CWS will dispose of some. Also, it will not harm anything in the process.

I suppose you have cleaned your history, temp. files and cache?I'm not sure this is the solution, but give it a go.

3. Top Banana

Top Banana

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167398

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice