1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spybot scan result

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Zonda, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zonda

Zonda Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I just finished running a scan with spybot search & destroy and it came back with the following result (attached a pic). The problem is that I have heard the name before coolwwwsearch which is what was picked up and I thought it must be bad but just to be sure I checked the particular files in my registry. The files all belong to a program I just recently installed called Zero popup pro which as you can guess from the name is a popup blocker. I'm not sure what to do now and was hoping someone can advise whether to ignore what spybot has found or could that popup blocker program be some type of spyware? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Click Fix Checked after scanning with Spybot!

3. Fidelista

Fidelista

Hello Zonda. I believe it would be wise to remove Zero popup. You can get a good free popup stop from Google. If you had a problem with Coolwebsearch --get rid of it.
    coolweb {some versions} are the most difficult to get rid of.
    It would also be good to download Adaware 1.03 >>>>link here >>>
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html and use it as you would spybot.
    Always let Spybot and Adaware remove all they find--- they are both excellent programs.
    Never keep a program that you suspect supports spyware/adware ---delete it.
    Hopes this helps>>>f

4. Zonda

Zonda Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. Funny enough I just done a rescan and was going to remove it but it didn't show up. :confused: It did however find something else and I have attached 2 pics. Has anyone ever had that item come up in their system?

Attached Files:

5. Zonda

Zonda Thread Starter

2nd pic.

Attached Files:

6. Fidelista

Fidelista

Yes, It is nothing to worry with. Just click fix and ignore.
    Glad to hear Spybot took care of your other problem.

7. Fidelista

Fidelista

Make sure all MS critical updates are applied and some spyware prevention programs are helpful.
    Javacools Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard are excellent and free.
    Spyware Blaster is extremly easy to use and does not conflict with anything that I know of.
    Link >>> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

8. Zonda

Zonda Thread Starter

Thanks, I already have all the MS updates other then SP2 which will install soon. I'll also look into those spyware programs that you listed. (y)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/264821

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice