1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spybot scan results

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by innewton, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innewton

innewton Thread Starter

Hi, I am a new user of the Spybot program. I got a list of things when I use it to check for problems. Among them are some tracking cookies and some other more serious stuff. I've deleted all the cookies knowing that deleting them will do me no harm at all. But I am hesistant to fix those problems where it says "registry key" or "registry change". As I am pretty computer illiterate, I would like to ask if it would be safe to let Spybot fix those problems? I know the program will automatically create backups for everything it fixes...but I am still afraid something bad will happen after the program fixed those problems. Can someone give me a light here? Thanks.

2. polak

polak

3. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Light coming up innewton :D as you say Spybot makes backups for anything you choose to delete,its very easy to recover these from recovery,make no mistake spybot is very thorough and is used by people all over the world,anything that is ticked after the scan is safe to delete,anything not ticked is left to your discretion, I must stress however that the current version of spybot is somewhat out of date,not having been updated since March 4th as there is a new version on the horizon which will be released very shortly,in the meantime I would suggest you click on this site http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html and download this very good spyware catcher and run it daily along with spybot,you will find it a very good friend to your computer....take care ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!