Spybot Search and Destroy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gREASYTRUCKE

I found Spybot Search and Destroy to be a great program. It does everything I want it to
In fact its doing more

I keep getting popups from it telling me that a change is being made in my registry with the option to accept, reject and for it to remember my choice

This would be great if it was just now and then but its happening over and over and I'd like it to stop

I have searched and searched but cant seem to find a way to adjust my preferrences.

Am I missing something

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Gary
Greasytrucker

Sorry. I've never seen such a thing from Spybot S&D. What you describe sounds more like a Firewall window popping up. Did you recently install a firewall?

Gary,
The reason you keep getting these popups from Spybot is that Spybot's t-timer feature is generating them. To disable the t-timer, do the following.

1. Click "Navigation", or simply press alt-n.
2. Select "tools".
3. Select "resident".
4. Finally, Uncheck the checkbox that says "T-timer protection of overall system settings active".

I hope this helps.

wacor

Banned
Spybot is ok as is Adware but I find that Ewido finds a lot of stuff the other two miss.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts