Spybot/Spywareblaster question ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BevJane

Khazars helped me solve some issues. The thread is closed. He left me with some advise one piece is unlear to my limite knowledge. Can anyone elaborate ?? See below.

Attachments

BevJane said:
Khazars helped me solve some issues. The thread is closed. He left me with some advise one piece is unlear to my limite knowledge. Can anyone elaborate ?? See below.
Hi BevJane,

To use Spybot's immunize button, after you download a new update from one of the Spybot update websites, always click on the Immunize icon in the left-hand panel and it will tell you if there are any more immunizations that came with the update. If the answer is yes, then while you are in the Immunize window, go to the top function bar and click on the Immunize button - then Spybot will add the new immunizations.

In Mode Advanced, you will see a Tools menu in the left-hand panel, maybe at the bottom of the window - click on the +Tools. Then in its left-hand panel select Hosts File. At the top of the window you will see a + Add Spybot S&D host list. If you click on it, it will either add it to the end your existing hosts file on your computer, or it should create a new hosts file if you do not have one.

As for SpywareBlaster, make sure it says 0 items have protection disabled for each item.

-- Tom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts