1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SpyBot starts up

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by missfuffy, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. missfuffy

missfuffy Thread Starter

This AM, as soon as I booted, I got this message that SPYBOT S&D was
    checking my system. I could only get it to stop by pressing Control,
    Alt and Delete.
    Is there a SpyBot setting that I can get to to STOP SPYBOT from starting as soon as I boot up my system? Where is it? How do I get to it and how do I get rid of it? I never got this before.... thanks, missfuffy

2. Kepiano

Kepiano

If you go to 'Settings' on the left panel and then 'settings', under 'system start' there is a box beside 'Automatically run program at system startup'. Make sure it is not checked. I think it is unchecked by default. Hope that helps.

3. missfuffy

missfuffy Thread Starter

Went there.. there was NO check in 'Automatically run program at system startup'. So, I guess something else is taking over and having SpyBot do a check of the system at boot.... I will have to keep looking.... missfuffy

4. Kepiano

Kepiano

An afterthought: check in msconfig - startups and see if anything related has been added there.

5. bloodybloke

bloodybloke

Have been having similar probs with Spybot myself for some weeks!

Every time i double click it, it just starts scanning all the files, goes through it's motions for about 15 minutes, then closes!
    I never have the oppurtunity to change any settings at all!
    Even if i go through Programs/s&d/ . . then click on either Advanced or easy mode, same thing happens!
    Have uninstalled & reinstalled it 4 times now, SAME THING EACH TIME!!!

Anyone???

6. missfuffy

missfuffy Thread Starter

I think I might just get rid of Spybot -- too many settings and too many things that go cookoo. Plus, very short on Updates. I thinnk I will stay with Adaware and get to
    SpyKiller. First I have to find it... good luck, missfuffy

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice