1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spybot update--no US sites to do so???

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by phillyphil, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. phillyphil

phillyphil Thread Starter

Have seen posted here that in order to keep Spybot SD from freezing when trying to download an update, you should select a US download site, but none are available after you update Spybot!!! It only allows for 3, and the only one that works is in Australia. I tried to manually ad update locations to online.ini, but that didn't work. So, what's up? I know there have been times when NONE of the update locations worked. I know you can't complain about a free program, but if it ain't workin', it ain't workin'...

2. franca

franca

Just keep using the " EON [Ausrtalia] link it always works for me.

3. phillyphil

phillyphil Thread Starter

fair enough. Just hope it doesn't go down, too. Amazing that we can get files on high-speed from Australia in a matter of moments. Ain't technology great???

4. franca

franca

It never ceases to amaze me. :cool: (y)

5. raybro

raybro

Hi phillyphil... Just thought I'd show you the USA site really does exist. I use it all the time. Below is a screenshot.

[​IMG]

Maybe a reinstall of Spybot will fix it. However, the Aussie site works just fine. The Euro site gets plugged up simply because it's the default site in Spybot. Most users do not change it so it get the most traffic.

Attached Files:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice