Spybot update problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rubyangel

:eek:
HI--
I was wondering if someone could help me with this.
I have Spybot-S&D and I have been having problems lately with trying to get updates for it. Whenever I am online and I click onto update, I get this:
"Error--The parameter is incorrect"
Then the whole thing freezes up and I have to restart my puter.
So what is exactly is going on and how can I fix this.

Thanks, rubyangel :eek:

PS:
OS HP Windows 98

rubyangel

:confused:
HI--
thanks for getting back to me about this. I did uninstall and re-installed Spybot. And it still did the same thing. And I checked the languages in internet explorer and there is English (United States) (en-us) listed.
So what i figured out on my own is that I need to have Spybot program up and running before I get online. Then I can press update and it will look up updates without it freezing up. Whenever I am online first, then click onto Spybot program everything freezes up.
So thanks anyway for all of your help.

thx---rubyangel :eek:

After you check for updates and then check the box to get the update you want go up and pick another site to download the update from.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online