1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SpyBotSD Pop-up

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Farmgirl22, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22 Thread Starter

Hey! This isn't a matter of grave importance, but it is rather annoying. Everytime you log in or turn the computer on, the "My Computer" style window that used to contain the install file for SpybotSD pops up (the file folder is now empty, so I REALLY don't know why it comes up). I've made the selection to have it not open everytime I start windows, but that didn't seem to phaze it. Suggestions?? Should I uninstall the program and reinstall it? It isn't corrupted is it?

Maybe this should be moved to the security thread...I didn't know for sure, so I went ahead and put it here.

2. golferbob

golferbob

did you check your startup menu and see if spy-bot was listed ? start- run -type in MSCONFIG -startup.

3. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22 Thread Starter

Ok, by looking in the System configuration utility, TeaTimer is checked. While I know that teatimer is part of SpyBot, that's not part of the installer window is it??? That surely wouldn't make it pop up like it does would it? Shouldn't that mean that it is doing it's job in the background??

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Tea timer is real time protection and probably would not cause the popup

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice