1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spyware/Adware Infection

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CutieInPink0909, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CutieInPink0909

CutieInPink0909 Thread Starter

I have a Gateway Computer with XP Home Edition. A few days ago a thing popped up on my background saying your computer is in danger! please use antispyware tools. then my friend Bruce helped to use a system restoration cs but had to stop half way through. I DON'T know how to use the restoration cd! When I click on fromat form cd it doesn't work because of some type of something i have. can u please help me. the page tht it is stopped on is checking exisiting disk format. verifying 1.44 M format complete. unable to write BOOT. format terminated. format another ?

if you can walk me through it by talking to me on aim tht would be great. thx an please help. :)

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Try again with the restore cd's and if they won't complete, that is usually because of dirty cd's which you can clean with warm sudsy water, dying cdrom or dead or dying hard drive.

3. Tabvla

Tabvla

Cutie you say....
    Either you have Windows 98 or you have XP Home. (You could have both in separate partitions but I doubt if that is what you mean).

Windows 98 and XP Home are very different and the advice for the one is seldom applicable to the other. So if you can clarify which OS you have then I or one of the other members will be able to help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice