1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spyware Blaster

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Brooking, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brooking

Brooking Thread Starter

I've installed Spyware Blaster on my Windows 8 computer using Chrome as my browser. An icon has been installed on my desktop but when I click it nothing happens. When I look in "uninstall programs" it does not appear. In Bellarc Advisor it is listed under Software

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Hi and welcome

So I take it that it's not listed under Programs and Features?

What does the icon look like? is their a filename to it? Example: spywareblastersetup46

3. Brooking

Brooking Thread Starter

The icon is spyware Blaster's standard shortcut icon. When expanding the location info on the desktop icon it says "spyareblaster(C:)Programs File(x86)\Spyware Blaster)". You are correct in surmising that it is not listed under Programs

4. Brooking

Brooking Thread Starter

To expand on my problem with Spyware Blaster. When I said "nothing happens" when I click on SB not only does it not respond, it freezes my computer so that I can't start any program nor can I get out of Desktop. The only way out is to shut off computer manually with the On-Off switch.
    I notice on another thread that it seams that BP does not support Chrome. I find this difficult to believe because I used it on my previous computer with Windows 7.

5. Cheeseball81

According to their website, Spyware Blaster is compatible with Windows 8. It doesn't sound like it installed properly though.
    Since it's not listed in your Programs I suppose that rules out uninstalling it. You could try to re-download and install SpywareBlaster over-the-top of your old installation and see if that works.

6. Brooking

Brooking Thread Starter

Hi Cheeseball81 Thanks for taking an interest. The 1st thing I did was to try to install it over the original. Same result.

7. Cheeseball81

Which download location are you choosing from?

SpywareBlaster 4.6 from Download.com

or

SpywareBlaster 4.6 from MajorGeeks

8. Cheeseball81

I noticed on March 1 they released a newer version of Spyware Blaster. Was your issue ever resolved?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!