1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spyware Cleaner Tool? Rogue AntiVirus Program Fake alert? Need help!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Mr.Peebles, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Peebles

Mr.Peebles Thread Starter

Well recently for no apparent reason our computer got hit with a big virus bomb. One of them is the Sagipsul virus. I had some trouble with this one, constantly popping up new tabs leading to the Sagipsul website that would just be a blank page.

Before that popups for "YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED GET A FREE VIRUS SCAN RIGHT NOW", and "ANTIVIRUS XP 2009" I already realized these were rogue antivirus programs. One day while my sister was using the computer, these popups started to randomly show up while my sister was using firefox. Then it crashed Photoshop. After all the chaos, an icon called, "Gay Fetish Sex" had appeared out of nowhere.

So I did a Malwarebytes full system scan, it showed 27 infected objects, I prompted Malwarebytes to remove them, it said that it removed most of them but not all of them. It stopped the Sagipsul Virus and most of the popups that were popping up. Then everything was fine for a while when something popped up in the side of the taskbar. "Warning! Security report/ Your computer is infected! It is recommended to start spyware cleaner tool." Currently I'm trying to do a system restore, and when I try and open task manager it says that "Task Manager had been disabled by your administrator." What?

What is going on?
    This is probably a rogue antivirus program.
    A trojan fake-alert.
    How do I get rid of it?

UPDATE: It looks like the virus just disabled my system restore.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!