1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spyware Doctor and trojan.antimcafee.b false positive and Panda question

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by gplracerx, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gplracerx

gplracerx Thread Starter

I forgot the rules about helping, for which I apologise profusely, so I'm posting this in a new thread. The latest database from PC Tools for Spyware Doctor, 3.06141, seems to have solved the false positive identification for trojan.antimcafee.b. However, now that Spyware Doctor gives me a clean bill of health, Panda onlline is not so positive, 33 spyware and 3 rootkit/hacker tools. Does it always quit without a final report when it finishes a free scan if you don't pay them?

2. gplracerx

gplracerx Thread Starter

Panda doesn't like process.exe in SmitfraudFix. Most of the rest were cookies I forgot to clear from the recycle bin. Does anyone know if I can safely delete the contents of the cookie.txt file in the Firefox default profile?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/522975