1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spyware Doctor PctsSvc.exe problem

Discussion in 'General Security' started by jzybo, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jzybo

jzybo Thread Starter

Spyware Doctor ver. 5.5.1.322, process PctsSvc.exe using 100% of resources sporadically. I have read on the internet it is a problem the company has not fixed. Is there a way to solve it?

Will there latest version 6.0.0.385 fix it? Are there other problems in this new version? I don't trust them and am sorry I ever switched to Spyware Doctor.

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Hi and welcome.
    If "it is a problem the company has not fixed" you either wait for a fix or use a different Spyware program.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstall?
    Your Pc specs show you are using SP1. not a good idea as you have missed many a security update.

3. jzybo

jzybo Thread Starter

Hi,

From what I read on various forums, it appears that they can't fix this problem which has been around for quite a while. The only workaround seems to be not using some of the monitoring shields, which means you are not fully protected. So the "fix" option is not viable.

I read about what was improved in the latest version and it didn't mention this problem.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestions. I may have to go back to "Spy Sweeper"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755068