1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spyware messing up Internet Explorer?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by luvmynails, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. luvmynails

luvmynails Thread Starter

Yesterday I wrote about not being able to access my address bar in IE. I made sure it was checked in the View dropdown. It was. I installed Spysweeper and downloaded Spybot. I ran both. They picked up 65 spyware items and deleted them. I then ran AdAware and Norton Antivirus. The problem is still there. PLEASE HELP !!! Don't tell me I have to reinstall Windows XP, I'll go crazy. Will I have to backup EVERYTHING ????? Somebody must know what to do..... :confused:

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

Don't go crazy ( yet ) . . download HiJack This and post a lot in the security forum and you will get some good help . . but be patient . . lots of posts . . not so many experts.

Extract the file to a separate folder on your hard drive and run it from there.

wrs

3. midlandman

midlandman

Maybe it has to be dragged down?I had that happen to me a few times.

4. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!