1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spyware Or Tracker Or What???????

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Backspace, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Backspace

Backspace Thread Starter

First Name:
    Lyn
    Hello everyone,

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK WITHIN THE QUOTED AREA!!!!!!!!!

I have an ongoing problem with emails coming in that look like this in the body:

The sender and subject is ALWAYS DIFFERENT each time but the body of the message is ALWAYS garbled and makes no sense... a collection of unrelated words...actually this one makes more sense than most of them..... they do seem to have XXX related matter in them alot of times.

How can I get rid of them or what? I mean I am all protected up.... I have Adaware; and Spybot Search and Destroy; SpywareBlaster & Spywareguard....Noton Antivirus and all that good stuff..... and these always keep coming in even after I do scans and nothing is found.

Anyone else know anything about these or have any idea about them?

Stumped........:confused:

2. $teve

$teve

None of your programs(Adaware; and Spybot Search and Destroy; SpywareBlaster & Spywareguard) will have any effect on you recievingthese e-mails.
    Are they all coming from the same source?....I mean the same mail sever?
    Mailwasher should help....you get the option to bounce the e-mails back to the source as if it has hit a non existant e-mail addy so theoretically should not be sent again.
    http://www.mailwasher.net/
    ;)

3. Backspace

Backspace Thread Starter

First Name:
    Lyn
    Thanks $teve...I'll take a look

4. Backspace

Backspace Thread Starter

First Name:
    Lyn
    Hmmmm... I tried the Mailwasher and it has to be purchased to use with Hotmail incoming server... I use a Pop3 but it filters down through Hotmail as the incoming server source.... :-(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!