Spyware Terminator

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jortay

I have been thinking of installing the free verison of Spyware Terminator. I have read pro and con reviews. I would like the opinion of anyone who has used it or has knowledge of it before I install it.
thanks in advance

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
One of the reviews from that site:
UM Canes said:
07-Jul-2007 01:57:51 AM

Pros
: I'd give this app 5 stars for an "XP" machine and 3.5 for "Vista". This free anti spy app now ranks up there with some of the best paid anti spy apps there are! I'll explain why. The guard technology is process based and works like I never expected to see in a free app. I've been playing around with security apps these last few weeks trying to come up with a solution for my work station that suits my needs. I think I've done it after much trouble and a couple reformats. These shields are quick to react to any attempt at process behavior modification in a similar manor to, say, "Comodo Firewall". I know that sounds weird but it's the best thing I found to give as a reasonable explanation for how it's shields act. This app has a clean interface and is user friendly, updates often, uses no noticeable recourses and scans fast. You can schedule scans and during install set it to your comfort level or user level that best suits your experience. I can only give credit to "Crawler" for doing a good job at getting this app where it is today and for providing it for free. Highly recommended.

Cons: On my "Vista" machine, I get an error while opening the interface to scan. This is not a damaging type error, just a pain in the rear. This does not happen on my "XP" machine. It still needs an updated bug fix for "Vista".

Try using SuperAntiSpyware.... I think AVG: Anti Spyware and SAS are currently the best.

I've been using Spyware Terminator for a couple months now and I like it. It's one of the few free anti-spyware programs that has both real-time monitoring and automatic updates. The only other one I know of is Windows Defender which I had for a while and wasn't too impressed.

If you get Spyware Terminator I would suggest not installing the Clam anti-virus add-on as it can conflict with other anti-virus programs. Also, on the Real-time shield Advanced screen, stay with the default settings.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online