spyware?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

web_chick

hi, everyone i hope you can help me out youve never let me down before. I have a slight problem, on my labtop computer which is a compaq i can connect to the internet( its dial up) but everytime i open up internet explorer it says this page can not be displayed

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Have you tried typing in a valid website address, such as www.msn.com, in the address bar and seeing if the website appears?

What default start page are you using in Internet Explorer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm wondering if your connection is actually connected to the Internet.

Try using a chat program or some other program that requires you to go on-line and see if they're working.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

web_chick

i cant acsses any instant message programs. im getting sick of repairing computers:-(

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you can't sign on with any chat programs, your connection is obviously not active.

Contact your ISP tech support and see if they can walk you through configuring your 56K dialup connection to where it'll work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

web_chick

flavallee said:
If you can't sign on with any chat programs, your connection is obviously not active.

Contact your ISP tech support and see if they can walk you through configuring your 56K dialup connection to where it'll work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When i dial the internet the 2 computers come up saying that the internet is connected. i called my isp and they thought mabey it was spyware.

"If you can't sign on with any chat programs, your connection is obviously not active. Contact your ISP tech support and see if they can walk you through configuring your 56K dialup connection to where it'll work."

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Do you have Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06 and Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 installed so you can run a scan with them and get rid of any spyware they find?

web_chick

Yes i do and i have run the scan but nothing changed, Im going out of my mind trying to figure out what is going on with it...

web_chick

just to let everyone know that my computer has been fixed. we think that there was a problem with the registery

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Can you enlighten us as to what corrected the problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online