1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

spyware?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by dreamer1952, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dreamer1952

dreamer1952 Thread Starter

I just want to know simply yes or no is AOUTL.Exe spyware or adware or a virus should I get rid of this ? I found it in my startup list it is checked but all it has in nothing beside the check then the command is AOUTL.Exe I have win.98

2. junker39

junker39

dreamer, Welcome to TSG.
    The only thing I can find on AOUTL.exe is part of a sound card driver for an AOPEN sound card.
    Did you just notice this in your Startup or has it been there a while?
    I would think if you've got an AOPEN motherboard or sound card, this will be fine.
    Others may know more about it. Good luck.

3. gmcsierra99

gmcsierra99 Banned

do a scan 2 make sure your not infected...

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Part of your regular computer maintenance should be to do a scan with spyware detection-and-removal utilities at least once a week, especially if you spend a lot of time online and if you visit dubious sites.

Go to the "spyware tools" section at www.majorgeeks.com and download and install:

Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06

Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4

After they've been installed, use their update function to install all updates that are available for them. After they've been updated, run a full system scan with Ad-Aware, select and fix everything it finds, run a scan with Spybot, select and fix everything in red it finds, then restart your computer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You didn't mention if you have a full-time antivirus program installed and running in the background.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice