1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spywareblaster on?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by jdemnyan1116, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Thread Starter

I have noticed that spywareblaster doesn't tell me nothing at all, while if I go to a website and its a threat site, spybot will tell me do I want to go to this site and download this program. Do you have to activate spywareblaster every time you go on the internet or does it automatically do it itself. I know when I click on the icon, it seems to go into action protecting everything. Do I have to click on the icon everyday before going on the internet? Have wondered about this for quite a while. :confused:

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, Once SWB is installed, all you have to do is enable the protection for IE or any other browsers like Firefox/Mozilla that it can handle. Occaisionally, you have to download the newest protection updates and then re-run the protection applet...until it says "0 items have protection disabled". You can see a link to start up SpywareBlaster on SpyBot's main screen...and it reminds you to update and enable the new protections.
    Spywareblaster does not ask you anything, once you enable protections, that's it except for updates and applying them. It simply protects against what malicious sites could do to your computer, but does not ask you to allow them as it only protects against bad stuff, not all stuff.

3. The_Egg

The_Egg

[edit] oops, too slow again, heh [/edit]

Spywareblaster doesn't actually need to be running at all.
    Just open it at least once a week, install any updates, then click "enable all protection"
    and then you can close it.

Basically, Spywareblaster just silently blocks all the listed BHO's/ActiveX controls etc by adding relevant keys into the windows registry.

SpywareGuard is the one which should be running all the time (icon in systray) and popping up warning messages whenever a homepage hijacker or BHO/Toolbar/ActiveX Control etc tries to install. Were you maybe referring to SpywareGuard, not SpywareBlaster?

4. hewee

hewee

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice