1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SpywareBlaster Update 1-21-03

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Javacool, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Javacool

Javacool Thread Starter

Today's update adds 1 new Xupiter variant that was just recently discovered. Use the built-in Check for Updates feature to download this update.

This new variant has been seen spreading via spam e-mails that ask the user to browse to a webpage (which then installs the toolbar via an ActiveX drive-by). Today's update for SpywareBlaster will prevent the install of this new variant.

Best regards,

-Javacool

2. $teve

$teve

thanx jc,glad to catch you,i have a question for ya.
    re:spywareguard.i tested it with hotbar last week.....no problem.
    bonzi buddy wasnt seen though.have you remedied this?
    in no way am i berating what looks like a good tool against the scum/spy/adware apps......its just that if we at T.S.G. are going to recomend any program,we need to ask.:)

thanx a lot,take care;)

3. Javacool

Javacool Thread Starter

SpywareGuard is a work in progress - I'm adding items as fast as possible to the definitions.

Bonzi Buddy isn't detected yet - I'll try to add it soon. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

P.S. A list of what SpywareGuard currently covers can be found at: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/sglist.html

4. $teve

$teve

much appreciated.
    all the best;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!