1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SpyZapper

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Gundam Gold, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gundam Gold

Gundam Gold Thread Starter

I try that software to delete the problem, it did not work. As of know I contact spydoctor about the problem. When they give me something I will post here if it works. Norton also does not work to correct the problem, it find it some of the times, not all the time.

Take care,
    Gundam Gold

2. sjpritch25

sjpritch25

Are you still getting the popup from SpyZapper????

3. Gundam Gold

Gundam Gold Thread Starter

Yes I am still geeting it.

4. sjpritch25

sjpritch25

It would be nice if i could have were it actually find the infection.

Lets see if you have any luck with this scan. Are you using IE to run the scan???

Please perform a scan with Kaspersky Webscan Online Virus Scanner
    1. Click the "Kaspersky Online Scanner" button (NOT "Kaspersky File Scanner").
    2. Read the Requirements and Privacy statement, then select "Accept".
    3. A new window will appear promting you to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky - "Do you want to install this software?".
    4. Click "Yes or select "Install" to download the ActiveX controls that allows ActiveScan to run.
    5. When the download is complete it will say ready, click "Next".
    6. Click "Scan Settings" and check the option to use the Extended Database if available otherwise Standard).
    7. Click "Scan Options" and select both "Scan Archives" and "Scan Mail Bases".
    8. Click "OK".
    9. Under "Select a target to scan", click on "My Computer".
    10. When the scan is complete choose to save the results as "Save as Text" named kaspersky.txt to your desktop and post them in your next reply.

Kaspersky does not remove anything but will provide a log of anything it finds. On August 8th, 2006 Kaspersky updated the software used for Free Online Virus Scanner. In order to continue using the online scanner you will need to uninstall the old version (if previously used) from your Add/Remove Programs list and then install the latest version. To do this, follow the steps here and reboot afterwards if your system does not reboot automatically or it will show 'Kaspersky Online Scanner license key was not found!

5. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Hi Welcome to TSG!!

I've moved you to a thread of your own so please reply here.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542278

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice