1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sql 2000 installation problem code 1060

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by 2006elad, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2006elad

2006elad Thread Starter

I have a problem I hours trying to solve it and fail
    I try to install sql 2000 on win xp pro sp3 and each time he makes the configure the server
    He gets error please refer to sqlstp.log
    I deleted a year trying to fix all the registy relating to sql also deleted the associated files from program files
    Even formatted my computer and tried to keep the D drive and nothing
    Stages of the installation I'm doing next to everything and when I reached a stage of the domin user I click on the first (local)
    And then I'm doing next year than the first two (mixed password) and writes the password and user defult he gives me sa I click next and then it loads the installer and then it reaches the stage of the configure is stuck and writes the error is the end of the sqlstp.log:

23:20:30 C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ 80 \ Tools \ Binn \ cnfgsvr.exe-F "C: \ WINDOWS \ sqlstp.log"-I MSSQLSERVER-V 1-M 0-Q "Hebrew_CI_AS" -H 262 332-U sa-P
    23:20:30 Process Exit Code: (193)
    23:20:52 Setup failed to configure the server. Refer to the server error logs and C: \ WINDOWS \ sqlstp.log for more information.
    23:20:52 Action CleanUpInstall:
    23:20:52 C: \ WINDOWS \ TEMP \ SqlSetup \ Bin \ scm.exe-Silent 1-Action 4-Service SQLSERVERAGENT
    23:20:52 Process Exit Code: (1060) specified service does not exist as an installed service.

23:20:52 C: \ WINDOWS \ TEMP \ SqlSetup \ Bin \ scm.exe-Silent 1-Action 4-Service MSSQLSERVER
    23:20:53 Process Exit Code: (0)
    23:20:53 StatsGenerate returned: 2
    23:20:53 StatsGenerate (0x0, 0x1, 0xf000000, 0x300, 1033,303,0 x0, 0x1, 0,0,0
    23:20:53 StatsGenerate -1, MARK)
    23:20:53 Installation Failed.

From what I see this error in 1060 I went online for information about him but I did not know what information is relevant to the problem
    If anyone can help me I've been a few days trying to solve the problem
    Thank helpers :eek: :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028918

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice