1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SQL Server 2000 Timeout error

Discussion in 'Networking' started by izzyq, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. izzyq

izzyq Thread Starter

Hello,

I'm currently trying to run a query on SQL Server and i'm continuing to get a timeout error. I'm new to SQL Server 2000 and i've gone onto the help menu and changed the Query timeout to 0 which apparently means inifinty.

The specific error I'm getting is:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL server driver]Timeout expired

I am running this query from enterprise manager and i currently only have the Evaluation version which is being run off of Windows XP Professional.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hi, izzy. I have a feeling this would be better in the networking forum. What do you think? Shall I move it? Generally, us software people don't get involved in this stuff. :)

3. izzyq

izzyq Thread Starter

I wasn't sure the best place to put it but networking sounds good to me

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/229214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice