1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sRGB.ICM Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wenpeek, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wenpeek

wenpeek Thread Starter

I'm trying to install an HP PSC 1510 All in One Printer and I keep getting a Windows 2000 error of sRGB.ICM file needed please insert Windows 2000 CD. Well, I insert the CD and nothing happens. Has anyone seen this error before and how do I get the file installed so I can finish installing my new printer?

2. Sponsor

3. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Do a search of the cd to see if it is on the cd.
    If it is, try copying it to
    C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color

It might also be called: sRGB Color Space Profile.icm

4. wenpeek

wenpeek Thread Starter

sRGB Color Space Profile.icm is listed under C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color but I still keep getting the same error.

5. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Save a copy of the file as named to your desktop as backup and then try renaming the file in ...\spool\drivers to srgb.icm

Then copy your saved backup file to the directory again because other programs may be looking for it under that longer name.

6. HCC

HCC

Hi rivewil9
    Thanks to your message. Apologise but I can't reply directly as the site gave following
    information "Sorry, but you're not yet able to send PMs. Please try again later".
    Unfortunetly I Didn't solve the problem yet. Did you?? How? Could you please be so kind informing me how?? Thanks Helder

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/481078