1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SSD Not Detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by prnoct90, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prnoct90

prnoct90 Thread Starter

I have had a OWC SSD for a couple of months and it has been fine, last night I left the computer on (I am using windows 7 with a custom build) and when I woke up this morning it had restarted and now the SSD isn't detected in the BIOS. When I first start up the computer, the BIOS stops at the SATA port i have it plugged into for like 10 seconds, and then it just keeps going and the drive isnt detected. Can I troubleshoot this or am I just screwed?

2. prnoct90

prnoct90 Thread Starter

Also, I have other hard drives that are being detected, and I have switched around the SATA and power cables to no avail.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I have never heard of owc drives; do you by chance mean an ocz drive?

You might try cycling the pw to the drive however it does not look good. Just a guess on my part however I assume you have an intel chipset mb and have a ssd with a sandforce controller.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029299

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice