1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SSD Not Detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Demonkunga, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Demonkunga

Demonkunga Thread Starter

Windows 7 32 bit
    HP Pavilion dv6700 laptop from 2008

Sorry for the obscure title, but it's a little hard to explain in a few words.

Okay, so I installed Windows 7 on my new PT64GS25SSDR ~ Patriot Torqx TRB. It worked fine. I booted into Windows and everything. Then I go to restart, uh oh, operating system not found! Okay, load up the Windows disc, oh, it can't find Windows 7 on my computer! Eventually, with enough CTRL ALT DELing at the Operating System Not Found prompt, it boots into Windows just fine.

So basically here's the issue: the drive isn't regconized when turning on the computer from a cold start, or restarting (and I can't use Sleep anymore either as it tries to load the hard drive, can't, then just BSOD's).

The only way around this, is taking the drive out and putting it back in. Any time I do this, it boots just fine.

Though like I said, sometimes... I can get it to boot after CTRL ALT DELing many many times at the Operating System Not Found prompt. Thankfully I don't restart or shutdown often, so this is a minor inconvenience, but still... I'd rather it didn't happen at all. I'm using the adapter that came with my computer which was attached to my traditional hard drive ( https://www.excelcomputerinc.com/la...9&intcatalogID=[adapter]&intcatalogref=111510 ). Any help to resolve this issue is most appreciated!

I posted this on another forum 10 hours ago and still haven't gotten a reply. I'd reeeaaally like some help, thank you! ^.^

2. olryst

olryst

Your link is broken.

Did you install in AHCI mode or IDE.

If you installed in AHCI make sure AHCI driver is installed

3. Demonkunga

Fixed it.
    I don't have modes. I'm on a laptop, the BIOS is very limited in options.
    I do have an AHCI SATA driver.

4. olryst

olryst

Maybe your computer is having trouble initiating the harddrive for some reason.

Have you tried asking this at the forums on Patriot's website?

5. Demonkunga

I couldn't get any help there. So I asked at techsupportforum.com and no one has replied there, so now I'm here. :3

6. Demonkunga

I just tried my SSD on my dad's computer. It goes to start Windows, then BSODs. D;

7. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Unless yur Dad's computer is Identical to yours, Windows is going to BSOD as it is looking for the hardware in your computer.

8. Demonkunga

That makes sense I suppose. Doesn't help fix my problem though =P

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice