SSD not working with 1810TZ (flash bios?)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alexb123

I want to a clean install and add an SSD drive to my 1810TZ. However, I cannot install onto the SSD as its not being picked up by the computer.

I'm guessing that this is because of the age of the computer and that maybe the bios needs flashing? Any ideas if this is right?

Also, I don't know how to flash the bios I can see it on this page?

http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=1289

But I cannot get it to work and I also cannot download the insturction even tho I have PDF. I'm just not very good with computer.

Also, 09/24/2010 is the last bios update this still seems old, should such an old bios still sort out the ssd problem?

Sorry for all the question. But as I'm sure you can guess I'm not very good with computers.

Thank You

Alex

crjdriver

Best advise I could give you would be to return the ssd drive. That old of a netbook is just not going to work correctly with a ssd.

Next you post
I'm just not very good with computer.
Unless you fully understand the flashing procedure, DO NOT attempt a bios flash. While flashing a bios is not difficult, an incorrect or corrupted flash can render your netbook unbootable ie junk.

If you really really have to have the ssd drive, take it to a shop and have them install it for you. Do note that if they have to flash the bios ALL bios flashing is done at customers risk. IE if it messes up it is your problem not theirs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online