SSD problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Not sure I understand your Clear Disc Info ????
I would, but I always have a spare.
Next time I'd get a 500GB Samsung or Westgern Digital SSD, their TBW Ratings are twice as high as their 256 TBW (Terabytes written) ... (endurance rating)

Last edited:

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The report you posted states you only have 6% left of the available lifetime writes for the drive. This means the NAND flash for the drive has been exposed to lots of write operations. Write operations for flash media is the primary means of wearing it out.

You should definitely be getting a replacement drive now or plan on getting one soon.

crjdriver

First of all, IF you want to test a seagate drive, you use the drive mfg's utility ie seatools NOT a third party program.
If seatools confirms the remaining life of the drive, then purchase a new drive.
In any case, you have backups for anything important on the drive. Data you do not have at the very least two copies [on separate media] is data you do not care about and you should expect to lose said data.

crjdriver

I thought he was asking about the seagate drive since it was highlighted. You are correct; use the kingston tool.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I always stay with the name brand SSDs
Back when I was researching TBW endurance ratings (a hard to find rating) …. The Samsung SSD was the Best.
For the Samsung 860 evo ….. 250GB = 150 TBW and the 500GB= 300TBW
For the WD Blue …. 250GB=100TBW and the 500GB=200TBW

So, for a little more money you get double the endurance.
Maybe time to put your Kingston 120 in a semi-retirement home and save for an emergency backup.

I’m not sure how the disc info knows the endurance rating ???

I’m guessing you SSD has your operating system and your HDD has your Data.
I would suggest a Samsung 500GB for your OS … and Western Digital Back Series for your data … (5 year warranty)

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It's part of the SMART system that is built into all modern hard drives: SSD or spinning disk.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online