Solved SSD problems

CodyBowyer

I knocked out my ssd drive in my pc while it was off (which I didn’t think was a big issue) and plugged it back in. I can boot up windows from the ssd drive but all my other software that was on it seems to have disappeared and I cannot find the D: drive in my folders.

Oddba11

Jim
What is the "D:" drive? Sounds like you have more than one drive and the D: drive is no longer recognized (ie: not connected or other hardware fault).

Where was the software located? Disconnecting and reconnecting a drive doesn't make software disappear from the drive. Sounds like the software is actually on the D: drive.

CodyBowyer

What is the "D:" drive? Sounds like you have more than one drive and the D: drive is no longer recognized (ie: not connected or other hardware fault).

Where was the software located? Disconnecting and reconnecting a drive doesn't make software disappear from the drive. Sounds like the software is actually on the D: drive.
My hard drive is working fine no issues with it, everything is working on it. However the SSD seems to have wiped all the software off it, could this have been caused by a static shock from when i touched the SSD? And do you know any ways of recovering the files?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online