Solved SSD With Windows Broken

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BenBollinger

Recently my computer's SSD, which had windows on it, broke and is no longer useable. However, I still have another hardrive in the computer, my question is: can I just download windows on the hardrive i currently have, and then will my computer being running good as normal? Because as of now, the computer doesn't have an operating system. Also, would I have to reinstall all my drivers as well?

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Yes you would need to reinstall the drivers. You would be benefited to format the drive and then install windows on to the hard drive.

If you have files on it, you may need to boot off of a Live Linus Distro, like Puppy or Ubuntu, copy off your data and then be able to format it.

BenBollinger

Yes you would need to reinstall the drivers. You would be benefited to format the drive and then install windows on to the hard drive.

If you have files on it, you may need to boot off of a Live Linus Distro, like Puppy or Ubuntu, copy off your data and then be able to format it.
Ok thank you. Just a quick question though; what would happen if I didn't reformat the hardrive or copy my files, and just downloaded windows? Would that mess everything up?

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Not so muh cause problem's as it's not really possible. In order to install windows there needs to be a partition table and it likely would be auto formatted as well anyway. I always just say to format as a precaution.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online