1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stabilization issues in Clip Studio Paint

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ashlikesanime, Jul 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashlikesanime

ashlikesanime Thread Starter

I am a digital artist and I've recently come across a problem with my stabilization in Clip Studio Paint (an art program) The pen seems to lag before the stabilization kicks in despite it being at 100 %
    Here's what I mean :
    https://i.gyazo.com/eb4fe9589765f917624410fed7c84fda.mp4
    I've been contacting Clip Studio technical support about this issue, but nothing they have suggested seemed to work.

Information:
    I own a ultra thin UGEE M708 tablet (Version 1060)
    I own a Windows 10 HP Laptop
    I have the latest version of Clip Studio Paint.
    My tablet has been updated
    This problem has occured for almost a week.
    I bought a new drawing tablet pen but nothing has seemed to work.
    I have Avast (the free trial version) and Windows Defender
    I also owned fire alpaca but unlike Clip Studio Paint, there was 0 stabilization.

A list of what has been attempted :

1. Restarting my computer
    2. Shutting down my computer
    3. Entering windows in safe mode and trying to draw there
    4. Uninstalling and re-installing my tablet
    5. Plugging my tablet into my other HP laptop and testing my pen there
    6. Unistalled Fire Alpaca (other art program)
    7. Making my folder for Clipstudio ad exception for Avast
    8. Charging my pen fully
    Drawing is currently my only way of making money right now so this is a major issue for me , if anyone has any idea on how to fix this issue I would be really grateful ! Personally I think this is either an isssue with my tablet or my last Windows update. I'm really hoping I don't have to buy another drawing tablet especially if this issue occurs again.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Did you try adding the registry entry from your other thread correctly ?

You know how to remove it now if it doesn't help.

3. ashlikesanime

I think I added it correctly the first time because it said "successfully processed" or something, of course, I manually typed it in because for some reason it wouldn't let me copy and paste, but I'm pretty sure I typed it in right.

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    No if you recall it had a typo, when you found it in Regedit there was no space before the /v, it was still added successfully though because reg add doesn't check if it's correct or not.

5. ashlikesanime

Yea it just messed up my pen again, and I typed in the reg alt delete thingy but my pen didn't go back to normal. Do I need to do the thing with the folders again?

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    I'm suggesting you do the reg add again in a CMD window but this time copy and paste the correct code in as below, then press Enter :-
    Then restart the computer and see if it helps by trying the pen for a while.

If it doesn't help delete it by copy and pasting this line into a CMD window then press Enter :-
    It didn't work properly before because there was a typo when you first added it, it might actually help if you add it again without the typo.

7. ashlikesanime

I copied and pasted both but my pen has not returned back to the way it was . I restarted my computer after entering the first one , but I didn't see any progress so I copy and pasted the second one to delete it and I restarted my computer again, but my pen is still messed up .

8. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Well it was worth a try, sorry it didn't help though.

9. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Well it was worth a try, sorry it didn't help though.

10. ashlikesanime

So do I do the folder delete thing again? Because now my pen is worse. I don't think it deleted it.

11. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  12. ashlikesanime

13. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    As long as there's no 'Pen' entry left it must have been deleted.

I noticed you have Avast installed, try uninstalling it as sometimes it can interact badly with Windows Defender causing problems.

What happens if you reduce the stabilisation % ?

14. ashlikesanime

When I reduce the stabilization it slowly becomes less resistant depending on how low I put it. There's stabilization occuring but there's like a lag before it does , like the video stabilization only happens if you prolong the line. When I do single strokes , it's like there's minimum to no resistance.

Clip Studio is the only program that I use. It's also the only program that will even have any stabilization. When I used my pen in other programs like Fire alpaca, There's not even a hint of resistance even when the stabilization was set to 100.

Also, I just uninstalled Avast and restarted my computer . When I tested my pen the same problem occured . However , I don't know if I'm imagining things but it looks like maybe it got alittle better ? There's still that uncontrolled spike stroke when you first start the line but it doesn't look like it's going as high as it usually does.

One last thing is that the stabilization becomes less ressitant the more it's used, like if it does work alittle it will the resistance will slowly start to become weaker the more I use the pen .

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice