1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stack Overflow

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by crellin, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

Hello, from time to time I get a pop box that states:

Stack Overflow at line72

I remember that some time ago I would get a msg similar and someone told me to go somewhere in my program and add more stacks, can someone give me some help on this.

2. AGCurry

AGCurry

I assume you're running a program you've written, as it's highly unusual for commercial software to have such an error.

There is generally only one stack per process, and its size is dependent on the OS. There is no practical way to change the size of the stack.

Most of the time, a stack overflow is caused by out-of-control recursion. In rare cases, a very large program with LOTS of nested function calls and passed parameters may exhaust the stack.

3. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

I am sorry I did not say that I was getting that msg when I clicked on certain images on web sites, Could that be a problem that is not from my cp.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice