1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stack Overload at: Line 6

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Cheryl, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

While going into the Drudge report - a pop-up box appeared from Microsoft that said "Stack Overload at: Line 6".

What does this mean? Should I be doing something about this and what type of warning is this?:confused:

2. Tushman

Tushman Banned

I'm surprised you're getting that kind of error on an NT based system. They were common on a Win9.x .... but at any rate more info. is needed.

Which OS - XP or W2K and also state what if any Service Packs you have installed on your system.

Does this occur when you open a particular application; cruising the net... when does it occur? Is it random?

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

I have Windows XP. I have also downloaded and installed all service packs as I go into update windows quite frequently. I just got it once (the pop-up) and it hasn't happened since that one time.

Maybe it's nothing to worry about if it doesn't happen again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115951

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice