stand-by mode error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

glritter

This error is on a IBM laptop T20. SMS virtual keyboard is preventing machine from entering stand-by. Please close all app. and try again. If problem persist update driver.

Okay we undated the driver, still error.

Disabled the SMS virtual keyboard driver by changing the file name from a .sys to .old (This was a suggestion from the IBM web site)

The error then read that is was the other keyboard preventing the stand-by mode.

So went in and disabled the SMS virtual keyboard and mouse and then the stand-by mode freezes up and it is necessary to reboot.

Then went in and uninstalled the SMS virtual keyboard and mouse and it still freezes up.

I disabled the accessibility for handicap. Still no help.

Now I am really not sure what else to do.

The laptop will not go into stand-by mode. It must be rebooted every time it tries.

I will be indented to the person who can answer this for me.

Hi,

Try this:

Disable all standby or hibernate features.
Disable any and all Virus scan software.
Re-enable standby.
Try it now and See what happens.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online