1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stand by mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by moonflower1957, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moonflower1957

moonflower1957 Thread Starter

I know the info is here I just can't find it. Sorry. My stand by key is just a shadow now. I just thought someone would be kind enough to help a novice. I think I saw something about DOS while I was attempting to locate the problem but I'm not sure. I have this system so fouled up I'm clueless.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1014 Mb
    Graphics Card:
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 106407 MB, Free - 96342 MB; E: Total - 31110 MB, Free - 24993 MB;
    Motherboard: Lenovo, Mariana
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I don't understand the description of the problem.

3. moonflower1957

When I want to stop what I am working on I select start where you can log off or turn off computer. Then you have three choices: stand by, turn off or restart. All three of those icons should light up howeve,r the "stand by " icon is just a shadow and does not work so I have two choices: turn off or restart.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That usually means your video card drivers aren't installed. Since there's no video card listed in your specs, I'd say that's the problem. If you need help finding drivers, you'll have to provide the make and model of the computer or video card.

5. moonflower1957

Is this what you need?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1014 Mb
    Graphics Card:
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 106407 MB, Free - 96342 MB; E: Total - 31110 MB, Free - 24993 MB;
    Motherboard: Lenovo, Mariana
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

No. I need to know the complete make and model of the computer. The only hint that gives me a clue is "Lenovo". Is it a Lenovo laptop? What model? Or is it something else? Did you buy it? Build it? Is it a laptop or a desktop?

Have you always had this problem, or did it start recently? Did you make any changes before it happened? Did you reinstall Windows by chance?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!