Stand-By then Buttons dont Work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BradN10

sometimes after standby happens, the desktop buttons dont work or cant get into anything.

Styxx

Banned
Disable standby/hibernate feature in Display Properties; Right-click your computer's Desktop; Point to Properties; Screen saver tab; Lower Settings button; The setting via the use of the drop-down arrows should be: Home Office/Desk, Turn off Monitor after 15 minutes; Turn off Hard Disk after 30 minutes. All sleep or hybernate sections should be - Never

I'm glad I read your reply to this thread Styxx. I have been trying to figure out how to get hibernate to work propertly too. It works great now that I set it like you mentioned above.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Brad:

Turn off the advanced power management options(i.e. standby, suspend, sleep, hibernate, etc.) on that computer. It will run better and have less problems. Read my article, "How to Disable APM In Windows 98".

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online