1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Standard Enhanced PCI to USB host controller cannot start

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by KingCobra1064, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KingCobra1064

KingCobra1064 Thread Starter

A couple days ago I added a second SATA2 hard drive to my computer. When I turned it back on, the USB ports did not work. When I go into Device Manager, my Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller has an error. When I go into properties, it tells me it cannot start. Since it recognizes the device, I am assuming it has power, but simply does not have the software/driver to start it. If this is the case, how can I install the proper driver? I cannot connect to the internet because I use a wireless connection, which utilizes my USB ports, which do not work. Thus I cannot have Windows find the correct driver for me.

Any ideas?

I'm using Windows XP pro with an Intel MB (not sure which model...i tried to get the model using aida32 but it did not give me the name, only a long string of numbers and dashes. I also searched Intel for something that looked like mine, but was not sure which it was. All i know is that it has 2 mem slots and 4 SATA ports with one IDE port open after my DVD-RW drive) and an Intel P4 3.20GHz processor.

Thanks

2. KingCobra1064

Please can anyone help? This has been going on for several days now and I cannot manage to resolve this issue. If anyone could tell me where to get drivers for this I would be very grateful.

3. Whoops

Whoops

... you can try this!?!... turn off pc and disconnet the USB from the mother board... turn on the pc and turn it off again.... the re connect the usb the MB... when you turn on te pc again you should get " found new hardware" come up and it should install the usb itself.... hope it helps!!??... ;-)

4. KingCobra1064

the USB things in device manager appear to be working, it's just the host controller that has an error.

Thanks anyway though.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice