1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Standard Ide/ESDI Hard Disk Contrller Problem!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by WaRe, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

I got this funky Exclamation next to my hard disk controller in my system properties. Any ideas hwo to resolve?

I tried:

Removing it and letting windows redetec and it did but problem stayed.

i tried the help feature.

i also checked all the ide cables and and other cable in the case.

I am out of ideas so if nay one has a good let me know plzzz..
    ]

Thanks. :)

Dennis

Attached Files:

2. brianF

brianF

I don't have a clue but could never keep my big mouth shut. (No comments from the peanut gallery, ehhhh)

Question would be are you using a motherboard with both ata66 and standard ide ports.

It seems your ali controllers are handling the primary and secondary UDMA

Any error message attached to the funky controller, right click on it, select properties.

3. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

rofl only you BrianF. :p

Yeah i forgot to add it to the above or under post. :p

The error says Code 15.

I also ran Antivirusa with updates thinking possible virus. I am going to check the bios for enabling ide controlers or something. I read that from a previous post in the forums on same issue. But i dont think it is going ot work. The only thing i can think of is when i tried some ram that was for the wrong motherboard (checking ot see if it would work on mine) is when the problems started. That ram is not in here anymore cause windows registered 250meg sdram at 600, dont ask it just did. :p So i got my normal 256RAM...

Any ideas on Code 15?

4. brianF

brianF

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66826

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice