1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Standard PCI Graphics Adapter is Driving me Nuts!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shadow_Fox, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox Thread Starter

I just recently tried uprgraded from Windows 95 to Windows 98. Upon finding that such a task was unsuccesful and my computer had no room for it, I was forced to format my hard drive; much to my dismay.

Once Windows 98 was loaded I went to Properties and then Settings to fix my Display. I was rather annoyed to find that the computer was telling me I only have 2 Bits or 16 Bits of color. I know damn well it is registered for 32 Bits and is running on FAT32. I cannot understand why it is doing this for me. I understand I will probably need another driver, but I do not know which one.

My Monitor is a Hewlett Packard Ergo 1024 and my CPU is a Compaq Deskpro ... Not sure of the numbers. Please, if someone can help me let me know. I am great with computers but am completely stumped on this one. I know that there was a previous discussion of this on another post set but I did all they talked about and nothing helped.

Someone please help me!!!!!!

2. EverettP

EverettP

Aye, I can help you. I need to know what MODEL Deskpro you have. It should be on the tower/box you have. Without that I cannot help you. It has nothing to do with the monitor, you need a new graphics adapter driver. As soon as you tell me the model... I can help you out :-D

3. EverettP

EverettP

4. Shadow_Fox

Yes, thank you so much for offering to help. I give my apologies for taking so long to answer back. I went to bed not long after I sent the post, I didn't expect that fast of a response. Anyway, my computer is a Compaq Deskpro 6000.

I hope that is what you need.

5. EverettP

EverettP

6. Shadow_Fox

I downloaded it, but I am not sure how to set it as my new Graphics Adapter. I am sort of bad off with these types of things. Anyway, the processor I use is a Pentium II if that helps any.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    it should be program that you run - I believe it installs it in C:\drivers\?????? If the setup does not install it right away go to this folder and run the setup/install program there and it will do the rest.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/139574

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice