1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

STANDARD PCI Graphics Adapter [VGA] Strikes Back! >.>

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shadow_Fox, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox Thread Starter

Okay, I posted a while back about serious problems [ not that I am the first person ] I am having with my Standard PCI Graphics Adapter. As always, I only have 2 and 16 colors when I am running on a FAT32 and am registering for 32Bit. This thing is making me want to get rid of my computer because I fear it is too old to be able to help now. Someone gave me a site to download a new driver, but while it did give me more colors, the icons, fonts, screen in general, were seriously messed up. I could not reverse the process no matter how hard I tried, so I once again was forced to format my computer. Someone please help me, I'm going nuts over here.

My computer specs:
    Compaq Deskpro 6000
    Hewlett Packard Ergo 1024 14 Inch Display Monitor
    Intel Pentium II Processor

Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you can help. I will appreciate it so greatly. Thank you.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Reinstall your video card drivers. Do you have the cd that came with the computer? Or download them from Compaq's site.

3. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox Thread Starter

I built this comp ... so I have no CD, and I went looking on the Compaq site but never found anything that could help me.

4. gws226

gws226

Do you remember the make and brand of the video card when you installed it?

You can also try this program...
    http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

Once installed it should be able to identify the make and brand of the card... then you can hit up the manufacture's website for the appropriate driver.

Your problems should be resolved with the appropriate driver

5. Flrman1

Flrman1

You should be able to get drivers to solve this from Windows Update.

6. End Zero

End Zero

I am screwed I changed my settings in windows/systems for my VGA moniter settings cause I was trying to change something and I think I disabled my moniter cause I can only load it in safemode, my moniter shuts off when I try to turn my PC on normally...should I format and reinstall windows...Email me at [email protected]
    thansk a bunch...I know I am an idiot..lol

7. ~Candy~

In safe mode, go to device manager and remove the monitor and the display adapter and restart the computer.

8. ~Candy~

Ok, I give up......is it a Compaq or did you build it????????? :confused:

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/144079

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice