1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Andrea Andreou, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea Andreou

Andrea Andreou Thread Starter

Hi,

I have recently formatted my harddisk and reinstalled windows 98SE. I nolonger have the CD's or floppy disks that contain display drivers or grahic adapter drivers. I am trying to change my screen resolution from 16bit colour 640x480 to
    256 colour and 1024x768 resolution - I dodn't have the option to do this.

My graphic files are very hazy. I assume that I have to re-install my video/graphics card drivers.

Can anyone please tell me how I can find out what type of video/graphics card I have and if I can download the drivers I require off the internet.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Regards
    Andrea

2. Foamer

Foamer Guest

<HTML><BODY><STRONG>
    <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=navy size=2>Hi Andrea...
    </FONT></STRONG><STRONG>
    <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=navy size=2>The best way I know of to find out what kind of cards your computer has is to open the case and look. Another way is to go to the web sight of your particular brand and model of computer. Many times the drivers you need are right there. And you can also put your brand and model directly into your search.</FONT></STRONG>
    <STRONG>
    <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=navy size=2>After finding the type of cards you are using... the best sight I have seen to pick up a driver is: DriversGuide.com - http://www.driverguide.com/
    </FONT></STRONG>
    <STRONG>
    <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=navy size=2>Good luck :)
    </FONT></STRONG></BODY></HTML>

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/89182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice